With such a wide variety of stimuli, getting our students’ attention in class is a day-to-day challenge. The task gets more interesting when you deal with topics such as gender equality, poverty, environmental care, or others related to the Global Agenda. Here there are 15 videos to mesmerize them and catch their attention and have them talking non-stop while developing critical thinking and perspective taking.
1. A Class That Turned Around Kids’ Assumptions of Gender Roles!
2. Awareness of Street Harassment of women and girls
Access lesson plans on gender equality, poverty, and environmental care here 👇
3. Screen time online and stereotypes
4. Securing women’s right to land and property in Nepal
5. Want a happier marriage? Share the housework equally.
6. Paul Rudd and Julia Roberts Explore Child Poverty In America
7. Earn 1 dollar a day, would you donate half of it?
8. Does poverty produces crime?
9. Poverty in a 1st-world country? Does that exist?
10. Being Jewish makes you automatically financially stable
11. His Epic Message Will Make You Want to Save the World
12. This Kenyan company makes fuel from human poo
13. How far would you walk to find clean drinking water?
You’re thirsty but you’re told to walk 2km for one bottle of water, would you do it? Check the Water Walk UNICEF brochure to understand the problem better and share it with your 10th, 11th and 12th graders interested in environment care movements.
14. A talk with Mother Nature
15. I recycle plastic but use my Toyota 1980 Pickup car every day to go to work, does that make sense?
Stay up-to-date on Global Agenda Resources
Stay up-to-date on what is happening in the world and take it to the classroom. Go beyond the common topic curriculum covered in your school area and implement learning experiences to make your students connect with other classrooms around the world to raise awareness on global urgent topics: the well-known Sustainable Development Goals to be achieved by 2030.